Latest News

My FUTO Story - #10



Where do I begin? The sad memories or the sweet ones? My stay in FUTO has been a bitter sweet experience and in all that craziness how I was able not to run around Ihiagwa market naked screaming


I have seen Benzene. I have seen Benzene is a huge testimony.


In FUTO, when you find yourself in awkward circumstances, you immediately improvise, dust your shoulders and move on with life. No one would find you out of place.


I realized this in my second year after receiving a lecture with Microbiology students. All together we were like a multitude waiting for our lunch of fish and bread in the form of microorganisms. I am a Public health student and this microbial lecture was taking place all the way in another faculty. After the lecture, if you want to get back to a comfortable seat then you had to run past the multitude, dodge Peter, Paul and the others to the department.


On this fateful day, I was wearing a new red pencil skirt which hugged my curves. Running at my usual speed was bound to do some damage, so I had to get there in a hickety hop run. When I finally arrived and my natural binoculars zoomed in on a seat in a neat and fantastic position yet unoccupied. I began to head for the seat when I noticed it was a coveted by others.


The James Bond in me was born and I collected what was mine by jumping across seats. 007 needs to tell me what material his clothes are usually made from for when I landed, my skirt tore at the back. I couldnt bother to ascertain the level of the damage because of the arrival of the lecturer. When that was done. I quickly stood up to examine the skirt and agape was my mouth. The next lecture was an Engineering course so I needed to think of a remedy and join the class, attendance carried marks so going back to the hostel was not an option to explore.


I turned the skirt so that the torn slit rested on my left thigh. Using my bag to shield that which I could, I left the class and soon I caught up with my mates. No one bothered to ask what happened, or suggest I go back home for a clothing change. All I got were their sympathies.

This is what FUTO teaches you- how to make the best of bad situations.

As I look back now, I smile at similar situations, man ´O war guys chasing us from night classes, fun moments with friends, good results as a reward for the all night jacking etc. But I cant rule out the sad moments- the sudden death of students, the robbery and rape cases and rape cases etc.


 Like I said previously, it was a bitter sweet experience and I thank God I made it out still sane, alive, more educated and better experienced.





Madonna Ekeocha is the only I have seen that bears the name Magdalene. She is a Public Health Technologist who prefers novels to her school books and obviously, very tight skirts. She has beautiful eyes and is very creative with the way she packs her braids. She loves to look good and has a phobia for wall geckos.

3 comments:

  1. 007.....u a movie star...nice story...

    ReplyDelete
  2. improvisation mehnnn! ur in d spirit!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow!! Nice memories and good lessons.
    Fabulous work Consy, well done.

    ReplyDelete

Share Your Thoughts with Us

HeartForte Designed by Templateism.com Copyright © 2014

Free Blogger Themes

Designed by HeartForte | Developed by WG Labs Copyright © 2015

Theme images by luoman. Powered by Blogger.