Latest News

My FUTO Story - #15









While others spent five years in FUTO, I spent six years. I started with the Pre-degree programme which helped me gain admission into Computer Science.


I was ecstatic and started with registration as soon as the money was made available to me. On getting to the computer science department for my clearance, I was rejected because of my subject choice while writing JAMB. I was heartbroken and though I had lost my admission. I asked for further directives and was shown to the admissions unit office. The admission officer present assisted me in my transfer to another department which I grew to love and appreciate.


I started attending lectures and it was nerve-racking because of the number of students learning in the hall. In a bid to get all the experience from school, I attended several tutorials, seminars, church programs and different functions held within and outside campus. I even contested for a political position in my department as early as my second year. I lost the election but the campaign process and its outcome made me understand politics better. I had a lot of supporters and was confident about winning but at the end those supporters ditched me. Leaving me out alone in the cold.


When I contested for my 2nd election, it wasn’t easy but I was wiser and knew what buttons to sew. I surrounded myself with positive forces and to the glory of God, I won this time. My tenure in the office helped in constructing the man I am today. It exposed me to a different aspect of life. The struggle to keep up with my academics taught me time management and how to do away with procrastination.  The friends I made along the way also contributed to ensure I maintained that balance necessary to keep me with good grades.

My final year was the best if I should judge. IT defence, seminar presentation, project lab work, project defense, final year parties and so many others. I was free from major political and departmental obligations and had time to focus on my academics, life and establishing new relationships with people.  My stay in FUTO was really an awesome experience. I am leaving with not only a degree but with a highly developed leadership and entrepreneurial skill. Baba God I thank you.



Sylvester Anosike is an Mbaise man who loves microbiology, business and politics. He adores his little sister and threatens his male friends who as much admire her picture. He has an unfounded love for dogs and can spend his school fees on dog biscuit. If you are to visit his house, please be informed of the huge and scary dogs in his possession. His passion for politics started before FUTO and will definitely not end in FUTO. He has a selfless dedication to service and is one of the few who made sure things were done properly in his department. One of the many qualities I admire about him.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share Your Thoughts with Us

HeartForte Designed by Templateism.com Copyright © 2014

Free Blogger Themes

Designed by HeartForte | Developed by WG Labs Copyright © 2015

Theme images by luoman. Powered by Blogger.